Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Next project: A Psychologist's Thought Book

I had some success with my first project "An Artist's Thought Book".  This was a series of aphorism that I wrote about making art. Chapters covered topics like 1) what it means to be an artist 2) reflections on painting 3) making music and singing 4) writing poetry and finally 5) the nature of creativity.  This was a success on an irrelevant scale (my mom liked it).  So I decided to try again with a similar book about being a Psychologist.   I plan to have two parts to the book.  In the first chapters I will have just the raw aphorisms as I did in the Artist's version, so people can read them and have there own interpretations of what might be said.

The one important addition here is that in the second half, I will have my own thoughts about what the aphorisms mean to me. This, of course, will be somewhat arbitrary since I often write some thing down, only to think it is significant months later, and I could never remember the events that lead to the original thought.  But at least the reader has an opportunity to compare one's impressions with that of the author.   The planned chapters are: 1) the self 2) relationships 3) observations  4) life and truth 5) paradoxes.

No comments:

Post a Comment